Sunday, January 13, 2013

TIME MANAGEMENT

I'm the absolute worst at time management. My weekend to-do lists are always 10 items long, and come Monday I would've only checked off maybe 1 item. Where does my time go? :(

With the clean slate of the new year, I'm determined to attack these to-dos until they're completed! First off, I should probably make smaller lists so that my failure to tackle every task isn't as crushing. Cleaning my apartment is always at the top of my list, but instead of actually cleaning, I usually browse the web for with tips on how to de-clutter. That has to be fixed too. Though, the time spent reading articles on Apartment Therapy and the likes isn't really time wasted, because I've become really good at giving organizational advice to others (...while my mess grows exponentially every week).

It's time to grab life by the horns and tame the time-eating-wild-beast that is my wandering attention. One thing I did this weekend is updating a holiday cookie tin to use as storage for my desktop knick-knacks. It used to be burgundy with lighter red stripes, filled with delicious chocolate covered biscuits. It is now a "sea glass green" (as Martha Stewart named it) with a manila rope border. I'm undecided about the border, but the green works really well with my frosted glass desk.
On the agenda for next week: preliminary plans & designs to restart my etsy shop. Yippee! 


No comments:

Post a Comment