Sunday, July 22, 2012

LITTLE DETAILS

I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art a few months ago for some inspiration. It's been a few years since I've been there, and it was really nice to be surrounded by so much art and history. I used to go pretty often during high school, with the sole purpose of completing homework assignments and never really for leisure. What a blind dummy I was. There's so much to see!

Here are a few images of things I've been digesting lately. There are some interesting shapes in the little details that I'll be working into new designs for earrings and necklaces. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!


I really like the movement in his hair.

Repetition and patterns really appeal to me.

Painted glass fragments. Handmade beats machine-made anyday, I'd say!

I just love this painting.

Paintings from the Mantiq al-Tair of 'Attar. Look at those birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment